...unfortunately, we didn't make it to the actual New York wedding of Joe and Lena! But when they planned a wedding party back in Scotland, they called on Jiggered Ceilidh Band to provide the entertainment at Pollokshields Burgh Hall, in the South Side of Glasgow (we've played here a few times now).
During the evening guests enjoyed some ceilidh music from us, disco music played throgh our PA (including Ewan's favourite, the Slosh), speeches from Lena's dad and Joe, a buffet, wedding cake and a wee slideshow of photos from the Big Day in the Big Apple.
The groom was complimenting us at the end of the night and asked how long we'd been playing as a band. When we told him we'd reach 10 years in October, he noted that we'd been together longer than the Beatles...They weren't as popular at ceilidh events, though.
Posted at 9:03 on 29th January 2012 by Chris Smith
We're often asked "when can I come to hear Jiggered Ceilidh Band live?". Maybe you're not the type of person who enjoys crashing a wedding just to enjoy some top class ceilidh music. Maybe you would feel a bit awkward forcing your way into someone's surprise 50th birthday party just to hear Scotland's finest ceilidh band in action....
Well, your prayers have been answered. We are playing a ceilidh on 11th February 2012 which everyone is welcome to come along to- so if you are looking for a fun night out or to check out our band you should get yourself a ticket (best of all, the money is going to a superbly worthwhile cause):
Valentines' Ceilidh Fundraiser on 11th February 2012 at 7:30pm in the Morton Hall, 123 Main Street, Newmilns, KA16 9DJ to raise funds for a house building project to the Philippines in April 2012! The team includes some of our good friends and no fewer than 3 of Chris' family members! Buffet and live band included in the £15 ticket price, over 18s only. If you are looking for tickets, please contact Jiggered directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Hope to see you there!
Posted at 19:45 on 22nd January 2012 by Chris Smith
A hugely enjoyable evening tonight. Jiggered Ceilidh Band were delighted to be re-visiting Destiny Church. We are always looked after really well (given a wee "green room", provided drinks, haggis, neeps and tatties, popcorn), the sound guys were brilliant, the place is packed and the dance floor jumping. Lydia had booked us and did a great job of coordinating the evening.
Our roadie for the night was Charlie and she is looking forward to joining the Jiggered lineup soon! And it was also nice to bump into a former Maths student of mine (Danielle).
There were no answers to a very suspicious story Ewan had fed us about Destiny's Child ;)
Posted at 23:03 on 21st January 2012 by Chris Smith
Jiggered Ceilidh Band were back in Troon (it's fast becoming one of our most frequented towns!). This time we were singing "Happy Birthday to you" to the birthday girls, Emma and Joanne who turn 18 this month.
It was a brilliant night- the crowd were young and lively. They filled the floor all night and four hours of ceilidh still didn't manage to completely sap all their energy from them!
First gig of 2012- off to a flier!
Posted at 0:30 on 7th January 2012 by Chris Smith
Jiggered Ceilidh Band returned to Gleddoch House Hotel, Langbank for Hogmanay 2011. Having played there the previous Hogmanay we knew what to expect and they knew they were re-booking a first class ceilidh band!
We had a great time- Ewan was moaning that he's spent almost every Hogmanay in living memory with us but I secretly enjoy getting a wee cuddle from him after the Bells!
Of course, no Jiggered ceilidh would be complete without a wee bit of drama- this time it was my three year old getting rushed to hospital by ambulance to spend the Bells and early hours of 2012 in A&E. She's thankfully back home now, and feeling well enough to jig around the living room!
All the best for 2012 everyone from Jiggered Ceilidh Band- coming soon to a ceilidh near you.
Posted at 14:44 on 1st January 2012 by Chris Smith
Terms and Conditions for Confirmed Bookings of Jiggered Ceilidh Band
1. Jiggered Ceilidh Band are engaged for services and not for employment. The engagement is only for the period stated. This agreement reflects the terms and conditions as agreed (including via email) between the Client and Jiggered Ceilidh Band.
2. The Client agrees to pay Jiggered Ceilidh Band the balance of the agreed fee, either: By the due date by cheque, or bank transfer or on the day of the engagement in cash upon Jiggered Ceilidh Band’s arrival at the venue. If cash is not given to Jiggered Ceilidh Bands on their arrival at the venue or if a cheque is offered in lieu of cash, Jiggered Ceilidh Band reserve the right to leave the venue without performing and without penalty, and the Client will still be liable to pay Jiggered Ceilidh Band the full balance due within 14 days.
3. The Client is required to provide a suitable performing area with adequate and safe electrical supply.
4. Cancellation of this agreement by the Client will incur the following cancellation fees:
- More than 3 months prior to engagement date: loss of deposit paid
- 3 months to 1 month prior to engagement date: loss of deposit paid PLUS 75% of agreed fee.
- Less than 1 month prior to engagement date: loss of deposit paid PLUS 100% of agreed fee.
Cancellation fees must be paid within 14 days of the cancellation.
5. If by reason of strike, fire, war, riot, epidemic, civil commotion, national calamity, mechanical breakdown, order of the government or local authority, act of God, illness or other incapacity of Jiggered Ceilidh Band certified by a properly qualified medical practitioner, or other cause beyond the control of either party, the engagement is unable to proceed, this agreement shall be null and void.
6. If in the event of Jiggered Ceilidh Band being unable to attend the event on the day, due to unforeseen circumstances such as car breakdown or accident, and Jiggered Ceilidh Band cannot find a suitable replacement, then Jiggered Ceilidh Band will refund the deposit and any balance payments in full to the Client.
7. Any claims for liability prior to the engagement date, on the engagement date or any time thereafter, will not be entered into with Jiggered Ceilidh Band and any claims will be limited to the total agreed fees stated in this agreement.
Posted at 0:01 on 1st January 2012 by Chris Smith