...THIS GUY! Our great buddy and Jiggered superstar drummer Uee is turning 30 this week. He has been in Jiggered for over 40% of his life which is a pretty significant chunk!
We spent tonight playing in Milngavie for the Milngavie Primary PTA, helping to raise funds for the school's new astro turf pitch! Organiser Meirion puts on a superb event...music, Dominos pizzas, games and, of course, a top class ceilidh band. He messaged us to say "A massive thank you for this evening - literally everyone said how fantastic you guys were !!".
That review, coupled with the fact that we were asked for our autographs from some young fans, confirms that we'll be back at this event in the future! Great...
Posted at 23:42 on 30th January 2015 by Chris Smith
This was our FIFTH year providing a Burns' Ceilidh at Destiny Church! They love a Jiggered ceilidh and we always have a great time. Looked after by the sound team (who presumably were confused by my vocal sound check choices: The Quadratic Formula Song followed by a dramatic reading of the lyrics to 'Dignity'), treated to a green room while we're not on stage, welcomed back as old friends by familiar faces and a big crowd of young people keen to ceilidh...
It was funny to spot a few guys on the dancefloor who had obviously received GoPro cameras for their Christmas- they were experimenting with them all night. Wonder if we'll get to see some of the footage?
Jiggered Fan of The Weekend, Alison Murdoch, was quoted as saying "That was absolutely fabulous! We all loved it!".
It was a busy weekend but last night's break allowed for some great Jiggered banter over sugary goodies provided by our hosts. Yum.
Posted at 8:23 on 25th January 2015 by Chris Smith
Friday night of Burns' Weekend saw Jiggered return to Newmilns to play at Townhead Church. We've played here many times, to a friendly bunch of ceilidhers!
As well as the ceilidh action, there was a performance from the toddlers' dance class, a load of youngsters reciting their Scottish poems, guest speaker Jamie McKerlie and the address to the haggis, performed brilliantly by Paul Brown! The Irn Bru flowed, the haggis, neeps and tatties were excellent and Jiggered provided the music.
It was great to see a lot of familiar faces (a few of my former students appeared, one even had her scientific calculator with her...) and they helped to make it a fab night. Here's a quote from Angela which sums it up: "We had a great night. Thanks very much for the invite. Great music, company and food. Gordon says that you're the best ceilidh band he has heard. Alan said he had a smashing night."
Back in action tonight too!
Posted at 8:05 on 24th January 2015 by Chris Smith
Jiggered were delighted to be able to play at "Too Good To Be Forgotten"- a fundraiser supporting The Brain Tumour Charity in memory of Irene Lawn. Pamela had booked us up to provide the ceilidh at this excellent event at the Crutherland which is definitely one of our favourite venues.
With snow enveloping Scotland, about 250 guests packed the hotel ready for a meal, entertainment and fundraising activities. It was announced at the end of the night that the running total for the evening was just under £10,000 but some money was still to be counted. That's a superb effort for such a worthy cause- and the crowd were a pleasure to play for, loving our ceilidh and cover sets!
Posted at 19:12 on 18th January 2015 by Chris Smith
Jiggered Ceilidh Band returned for the 5th year in a row to provide the Hogmanay entertainment at Gleddoch House Hotel, Langbank. There are always a few regulars at this ceilidh (and one commented at the end "you guys sound better every year"). After a meal, Jiggered play from 10pm until the midnight countdown. A piper plays before the guests tuck into some stovies....we finish off the celebrations until 1am. It's a great night (and coincides with the hilarious annual Jiggered Secret Santa gift-giving).
Team Jiggered have had another super year- loads of fantastic ceilidhs throughout 2014 and we have some real stoaters set up for 2015. Remember, if you book up a ceilidh for February/March 2015 quoting "JIG50", you'll get a half price ceilidh...this offer is subject to availability and dates will be snapped up quickly- if you snooze you lose!
Posted at 11:44 on 1st January 2015 by Chris Smith
Terms and Conditions for Confirmed Bookings of Jiggered Ceilidh Band
*Applies to bookings made after 1st March 2015*
1. Jiggered Ceilidh Band are engaged for services and not for employment. The engagement is only for the period stated. This agreement reflects the terms and conditions as agreed (including via email) between the Client and Jiggered Ceilidh Band.
2. The Client agrees to pay Jiggered Ceilidh Band the balance of the agreed fee, either: By the due date by cheque, or bank transfer or on the day of the engagement in cash upon Jiggered Ceilidh Band’s arrival at the venue. If cash is not given to Jiggered Ceilidh Bands on their arrival at the venue or if a cheque is offered in lieu of cash, Jiggered Ceilidh Band reserve the right to leave the venue without performing and without penalty, and the Client will still be liable to pay Jiggered Ceilidh Band the full balance due within 14 days.
3. The Client is required to provide a suitable performing area with adequate and safe electrical supply.
4. Cancellation of this agreement by the Client will incur the following cancellation fees:
- More than 3 months prior to engagement date: loss of deposit paid
- 3 months to 1 month prior to engagement date: loss of deposit paid PLUS 60% of agreed fee
- Less than 1 month prior to engagement date: 100% of agreed fee.
Cancellation fees must be paid within 14 days of the cancellation.
5. If by reason of strike, fire, war, riot, epidemic, civil commotion, national calamity, mechanical breakdown, order of the government or local authority, act of God, illness or other incapacity of Jiggered Ceilidh Band certified by a properly qualified medical practitioner, or other cause beyond the control of Jiggered Ceilidh Band, the engagement is unable to proceed, this agreement shall be null and void.
6. If in the event of Jiggered Ceilidh Band being unable to attend the event on the day, due to unforeseen circumstances such as car breakdown or accident, and Jiggered Ceilidh Band cannot find a suitable replacement, then Jiggered Ceilidh Band will refund the deposit and any balance payments in full to the Client.
7. Any claims for liability prior to the engagement date, on the engagement date or any time thereafter, will not be entered into with Jiggered Ceilidh Band and any claims will be limited to the total agreed fees stated in this agreement.
Posted at 0:00 on 1st January 2015 by Chris Smith