Over a decade ago, at Dalmeny Park Hotel, the newly married Mr and Mrs Stirling danced for the first time while Jiggered played. Our fantastic violinist Susan returned "to the scene of the crime" to play at Jonathan and Carolanne's wedding at the same venue!
Jiggered were just a small part of an evening of entertainment for the Steensons- they had singers performing at the end of their meal, Jiggered providing the celidh and a DJ taking the guests dancing through to 1am! We wish the happy couple many years of love in their new married life.
Posted at 22:58 on 26th November 2016 by Chris Smith
Our latest wedding was great for a number of reasons.
1. The venue, Melville Castle, is stunning.
2. The buffet featured bars of chocoate- you can't beat a Wispa!
3. Some young wedding guests proved that ceilidh really is for all ages (brilliant dancing from them!).
4. The wedding reception was from 7pm-10pm meaning a well-appreciated early night.
5. A blend of Scottish and Mexican cultures.
6. Emma made one announcement that reminded Ewan and I of the Jenny-era!
7. We were playing for a bunch of guests who've heard us before and have become definite Jiggered fans!
8. The new Mr and Mrs Meldrum were a delight to play for- all the best guys.
That's enough for now!
Posted at 8:00 on 13th November 2016 by Chris Smith
Remember, remember, the 5th of November. I'm sure that will be an easy task for Ruth, Dan and their guests after a really memorable wedding held at Bachilton Barn, near Perth.
Spectacular fireworks, quirky venue, energetic dancing, fine music, tasty food and smiles all round.
All the best to our Dan and Ruth. Thanks for having us, guys!
Posted at 8:40 on 6th November 2016 by Chris Smith